Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Hi everyone! And Happy Mother's Day to all of the mom's out there! I hope you are all in for a wonderful day filled with lots of love and tons of hugs :) I'm still not sure what's on the agenda for myself today, but for now I've just got a few Mother's Day cards to share with you. Enjoy :) 
 
These first two were made for my sister and sister-in-law. I wanted to make them similar but still unique. They both like the color purple so I'm hopeful that they'll like them :) The butterflies are both from the Paisley cartridge, but I forgot to write down the sizes. I think the top one was 2 3/4 inches and the bottom was 2. The scallop square is from the Storybook cartridge at 2 inches, and the flowers are from a clearance pack from Michaels.
Here's how I decorated both of the insides:
This next one was made for my mother-in-law. She has two loves in her life besides her family; her job, and the GOP, so that was my inspiration. I used the elephant from the Paisley cartridge cut at 2 1/4 inches, and the flowers she's holding are from a very old small flower punch. The blue triangle shape I cut by hand. The flower was cut from the bee's button (also from Paisley), at 2 and 2 1/2 inches.
 inside:
This last one was made for my mom :) Her favorite color is red, and since red goes perfectly with black and white, I went with that.

The roses were cut from the Sweethearts cartridge at 3 inches, and the flowers from Paisley at 2 and 2 1/2 inches. I used a white jelly roller to accentuate the petals. I added just a touch of bling to the corners and some ribbon behind the main image to dress it up. I really like how it came out and I hope she does too :)
Here's the inside:
The rose was cut from the Sweethearts cartridge at I think 2 inches.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice card, Libby! I love the colors you choose. Hungs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! I love all these cards. The butterfly is my favorite. Great job! come on over for a visit when you have time:)

    ReplyDelete